Grey Press is my first fully-costumizable blogger template, made for the new blogger, with widgets. It’s a three column template with a search form and a subscribe to feed button embeded in it. The main layout is inspired by a very powerful and lovely Wordpress Theme – Press Row. Like the initial theme, mine allows users to costumize their header image. I provided 10 pre-formated images that can be added in header (using the blogger upload tool for header). This is the first template made by me that allows users to change not only some images and layout, but also the colors of the blog (except the body background).
- Three column layout
- Integrated search form
- Integrated feed link + icon
- Widget enabled
- Fully customizable
- 10 replaceable header images
This is a free template released under GPL license. This means that you can use this template for your personal or commercial blog, edit it according to your needs, and even re-distribute it as long as you keep the license and the credit links at the footer intact.
Please read and understand the notes at the end of this page for detailed descriptions of the features of this template before you download and start using it.
- Download the theme archive package.
- Unzip the package and go to images folder. Upload all of the images to a free image host (such as imageshack.us or photobucket.com), and write down the given links. (Help?)
- Open grey-press.xml with a text editor, then search for “Theme Images” (without quotes).
- Replace in the template the image locations with links you have taken from your image host, and then save.
- Go to “Blogger dashboard > Template”, and import the template xml from your hard drive. Click save.
- Edit/update your widgets and click save
- Start blogging! :)
(0) The template comes with several widgets installed. The author profile, the links, and the archive. You will loose the configuration for the actual widgets, if you have any other then those. Probably it’s a good idea to write down their configuration/their html before installing the new template.
(1) If you want to make your header images their size in pixels should be 900px in width by 200px in height, not other.
(2) This template has been tested with Internet Explorer 6, Opera 9, Safari 1.3, Firefox 1.5.x and Firefox 2.x (both Windows and Linux versions). Although layout seems okay with all of these browsers, I suggest you to use Firefox for best performance. If you haven’t downloaded yet, why don’t you