How to upload template images to a free image host
There are a lot of alternatives of free host for images, but I will explain how to do it with imageshack.us. You can click on the thumbnails below to see larger versions of screen shots. (Press escape to exit)
- Unzip your template archive package. After extracting your template files, you will see a subfolder named “images” under the folder, there are all the images that your template use.
- Open a new browser window, and go to address imageshack.us. You will see a very simple interface with a input box and a button named “Browse” near it.
- Click “Browse” button and go to your template > images folder. Then pick one of the images (i.e. header.jpg), and click open.
- After locating the image file you want to upload, click “Host it!”.
- After uploading process completes, you will automatically redirected to a page contains lots of different links created for your hosted image. Go to end of that page and find “Direct link to image” and copy that link to your clipboard.
- Go to your template folder and open theme’s xml file with a text editor (not MS Word or similar!). Find the section with all images and background images links Replace the url for the same image name.
- After repeating the steps 2-6 for each image of your template, save your .xml file.